Mark Ayers lives in Rockford, Michigan, a small town on the Rogue River near Grand Rapids.
He has lived in:
- Jamestown, New York;
- Lilburn, Georgia, a suburb of Atlanta;
- Dublin, Ohio, a suburb of Columbus;
- Edmonds, Washington, a small town near Seattle; and
- a few US Army bases.
- Italy for a year in the early 1980s
- Turkey for a year in the early 1990s
Mark earned a degree in political science at The University at Albany, State University of New York.
He works on improving technology systems, services, and processes for Subsplash. He has worked:
- at Nordstrom writing application programming interfaces for mobile applications and as a site reliability engineer;
- on Samsung’s Cloud Native Computing Team doing research and development on the Kubernetes platform;
- with ESPN.com for The Walt Disney Company ensuring fantasy football and March Madness scaled; and
- for dental and medical insurance companies; supporting information systems and information security.
He served in the US Army as both an enlisted airborne infantryman and an officer.
Mark’s community service includes:
- four years on his local public library board, including one year as its president;
- five years on the advisory board of a regional writers’ conference recruiting, selecting, and scheduling presenters and keynote speakers; and
He has also been an officer on the executive committee of a few volunteer nonprofit organizations.
A views expressed here are his own. They are not endorsed, approved, or reviewed by any other person or organization.
MARK AYERS PO BOX 680 ROCKFORD, MI 49341 UNITED STATES OF AMERICA [email protected] +1.707.385.9691