Mark lives in Rockford, Michigan, a small town on the Rogue River near Grand Rapids. He has lived in:
- Jamestown, New York;
- Lilburn, Georgia;
- Dublin, Ohio;
- Edmonds, Washington; and
- a few US Army bases.
He lived in Italy for a year in the early 1980s and Turkey for a year in the early 1990s; he earned a degree in political science at The University at Albany, State University of New York.
Mark works on improving technology systems, services, and processes for Subsplash. He has worked:
- at Nordstrom writing application programming interfaces for mobile applications and as a site reliability engineer;
- on Samsung’s Cloud Native Computing Team, doing research and development on the Kubernetes platform;
- with ESPN.com for The Walt Disney Company, ensuring fantasy football and March Madness could scale; and
- for dental and medical insurance companies; supporting information systems and information security.
He served in the US Army as both an enlisted airborne infantryman and an officer.
Mark’s community service includes:
- four years on his local public library board, including one year as its president;
- five years on the advisory board of a regional writers’ conference recruiting, selecting, and scheduling presenters and keynote speakers; and
He has also been an officer on the executive committee of a few volunteer nonprofit organizations.
The views expressed here are his own. They are not endorsed, approved, or reviewed by any other person or organization.
credit: Waterlogue ©2015 by Mark Ayers; all rights reserved